Title I

What is Title I?

Title I is a federal grant program designed to give educational assistance to students living in areas of high poverty. Title I funds are used to hire additional staff, purchase instructional materials and provide professional development to support students identified as low achieving in reading and math so that they are able to show proficiency on reading and math state assessments.

Families can view information about our school at the following links:

State of the School Presentation 2022-2023

School Report Card

School Improvement Plan

Parent and Family Engagement Plan

Our School Improvement Plan and Parent and Family Engagement Plancan both be found in our "Title I" binder located in the front office or by clicking the names above. If you would like to be involved with revising of either of these plans, please contact Anne West at (407) 320-5470. (For translation assistance, please see the front office staff.)

Parents' Right To Know

As a parent of a student attending a Title I Seminole County Public School, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child's classroom teachers and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child's teachers:

Whether the Florida Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.

Whether the Florida Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom with out being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of circumstances.

The teacher's college of major, and any advanced degrees, the subjects and degrees.

Whether any teachers' aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child, and if they do, their qualifications.

Review Principal's Attestations (in the Principal's office).

In addition you have the right to provided information on your child's level of achievement based on the Florida Standards Assessments. This information will be available at your child's school.

If you would like to receive any of this information, please contact your child's school at 407-320-5470. You may call the school between 8:30am and 3:30pm, Monday through Friday and ask to speak to Anne West, regarding this request. An appointment will be made for you to come to the school to view this information.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.